Donald Trump Says to Orlando “Keep America Great”

After spending hours in line, under the sun, and then rain, President Donald Trump’s supporters filled the Amway Center to receive the president, who officially launched his 2020 re-election campaign in Orlando last Tuesday.  

As supporters waited for the gates to open, they waved their flags and talked to each other with excitement, while just a couple blocks away from the Amway Center, a counter rally was taking place. The Win With Love rally had Florida representatives, political activists, mariachis, a giant baby Trump balloon, and protesters who showed their discontent with the presidency.

Trump’s supporters cheering each other in the line to enter the Amway Center

At the counter-rally, Mikaela Duffy, 24-year-old protester said, “we are here to show that Orlando does not tolerate hate. We are here to show love and how diverse we are and that nobody is about four more years of this childish and immature and hateful baby Trump,” as she pointed at the giant balloon.

Protesters at the Win With Love Rally

The president came accompanied by the First Lady Melania Trump, U.S Vice President Mike Pence, and the second lady, Karen Pence. Donald Trump Jr, Eric and Lara Trump, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner were also present at the event.  

Trade with China and Mexico, Southern border security, employment, tax cuts, the Mueller report, and Russian intervention were just some of the topics the president addressed in his inaugural presentation.

The president’s sons, his daughter-in-law, and vice president Pence previewed the president’s appearance with speeches about the administration achievements and the character of the president.

Although the upper sections of the Arena remained unfilled during the warm-up speeches, by the time the president came out, the Amway center filled near-capacity.

Trump described his administration as one that has achieved a “prospering and booming” economy. “We’ve accomplished more than any other president has in the first two and a half years of a presidency…and under circumstances that no other president had had to deal before,” Trump said.

He claimed to be bringing billions of dollars into the country and  introducing, “perhaps the greatest economy we’ve had in the history of the United States.”

“We were losing $5 hundred billion a year with China…they took us for suckers, including Obama and Biden,” Trump said.

The president accused Democrats of allegedly spending $40 million in the Mueller investigation. He also took the opportunity to say that nobody had been together with Russia than himself, and the media had not done its job reporting on possible Russian intervention during Obama’s presidency.

The president said plans for The Wall are going in the right direction, as 400 miles of it will be ready soon. “It’s stronger, it’s bigger, and cheaper,” Trump said, “because when they don’t give you the money, you have to make it cheaper.”

Trump also celebrated the appointment of his 145th conservative judge, emphasizing that he had already 107 approved ones sitting on the bench.  

The president said his administration had accomplished to have the lowest rates of unemployment among African Americans, Asians, and Hispanics. He added that women filled 60 percent of the jobs created during his tenure.

Vice president Pence celebrated Trump’s administration by mentioning their “unprecedented fight against opioid abuse and addiction…and [a] historic adjustment to secure the southern border.” He also attributed the creation of more than 5.8 million jobs to the administration.

Donald Trump Jr said, his father had “achieved more with Mexico with one tweet, than what are the government had achieved in the last 20 years.”  

The president finally thanked Florida governor Ron de Santis, Florida Lieutenant Governor Jannete Nuñez, U.S senator for South Carolina Lindsey Graham, and White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee for attending to the rally.

He also invited attendees to join him in Washington on July 4th, for what he said would be a huge celebration.

He officially revealed his new slogan would be, “Keep America  Great.”