Cure Bowl to Relocate to Orlando City Stadium

Photo courtesy of the Cure Bowl

The Orlando Sports Foundation announced on Wednesday that the fifth-annual Cure Bowl will be played at Orlando City Stadium in 2019.

“We are very excited to welcome the Cure Bowl to Orlando City Stadium as the first non-soccer sporting event to be hosted in our beautiful venue,” said Orlando City CRO Chris Gallagher at the introductory press conference. “Through flagship events like the Cure Bowl, the Orlando Sports Foundation works tirelessly to raise funds for cancer research, and we are happy to do what we can to support such a meaningful initiative.”

The Cure Bowl is typically one of the first games of the College Football Bowl season, with a matchup between two Group-Of-Five teams. Proceeds from the game are donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The game has raised $3.6 million in its first four years.

Orlando City Stadium is the privately-funded home of the Orlando City SC MLS Club and Orlando Pride NWSL Club. The venue has hosted the U.S Men’s National Soccer team, the Florida Cup, and will host the 2019 MLS All-Star game in July.

The 2019 Cure Bowl will take place on December 21st, 2019 at 2:30 pm. There will also be a pre-game block party on Church Street, and an organized walk from the Church Street Entertainment District to Orlando City Stadium that will include fans, the team bands, and cancer survivors.