West Campus Communications Center focused on helping students

Lab+superviser+Amy+Downs+says+over+400+students+visit+the+communications+and+writing+centers+every+day.+

Bruno Sato de Oliveira

Lab superviser Amy Downs says over 400 students visit the communications and writing centers every day.

The West Campus Communications and Writing Center (CCWC) will be hosting a promotional event on Tuesday, March. 29 to help spread the word on all that they offer.

Full of talented instructors, the CCWC is a place where students have the opportunity to create freely, ask for help without being judged, and build a tower of knowledge.

“Nothing is more inspiring and rewarding than witnessing a student’s improvement during the learning process,” professor Amy Downs, the Communications Center Supervisor said.

“My goal is to have the West Communications Center to be a student friendly environment where students can come work on their academic success and get help with whatever they need to be successful.”

The “Spring Connection,” as the center is labeling the event, is a unique opportunity to bring students, professors, and staff members together. The event is specially made for Valencia College students. It is a celebration of students and academic success.

“What really makes the CCWC special is the fact that people genuinely care about the students,” Valencia student Richard Samuel said.

The CCWC provides help and assistance for over 400 students on a daily basis. Students from English for Academic Purpose (EAP), English, speech, humanities, and other departments find the appropriate support to maximize their performance.

Motivation is the fire that keeps the soul burning. Without motivation, one will not even cross the road. The CCWC is full of inspiring instructors who simply are fulfilled by being around students and helping them to achieve their best.

The CCWC is where happiness, inspiration, and professionalism are fulfilled. Spring is the time to blossom, so stop by the CCWC, and blossom all of your various communication skills.

When: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 from 12:30 p.m to 2:30p.m (EST)

Where: Valencia College West Campus – 1800 South Kirkman Road. Building 5 room 155. Orlando, FL 32811.