Casey is a good mom, friends say

By Nikki Namdar
[email protected]

More witnesses take the stand Wednesday as the case against Casey Marie Anthony continues its fight in Orlando.

People surrounding the then 22-year-old Anthony in 2008, said that throughout the month of June when Caylee was allegedly missing, Casey seemed happy as always, and as if nothing was wrong, allowing them to believe nothing was.

Ex-boyfriend, former roommates and women she has worked all testified, stating in each of their testimonies that the 25-year-old accused of murder in the first degree was nothing but a good mother and caring person.

Anthony was dating Tony Lazzaro throughout the time the two-year-old, Caylee Marie Anthony, was missing. In his direct examination by prosecutor Frank George, Lazzaro, 24, stated that on June 16, 2008, the day the defense says Caylee drowned, nothing seemed to be upsetting Anthony.

“[Casey] was the way she was everyday, happy, happy to see me,” said Lazzaro. “Nothing but a good old time.”

Seven of the eight witnesses who testified, stated there was no change in Anthony’s behavior throughout the duration of time they spent with her in those months.

In fact, Jamie Realander, who Anthony has formally worked with, claimed that on July 15, 2008, Anthony invited her to Caylee’s birthday party the following month.

Although, there was one witness who noticed some peculiar behavior – a neighbor living in close proximity to the Anthony family home. Brian Burner said he recalls an incident with Anthony on the day of June 18, 2008.

Burner, a truck driver and father of three, said on the stand that on that particular day, in the afternoon, Casey approached him as he was doing yard work.

“She said she wanted to borrow a shovel to dig up a bamboo root,” Burner said. “She had knocked on my door about an hour after I gave her the shovel.”

Burner also stated that on the prior day, he noticed Casey’s car was backed into the driveway. “I can see the front edge of the garage from my window,” said Burner. He claims it was the first time he has seen the automobile parked in that manner.