BBQ Bash Set To Fire Up Central Florida

It’s time to fire up the barbecues!  The Central Florida Pork & Wings BBQ Bash & Competition will be kicking off two days of activities at the Central Florida Fairgrounds starting Friday, June 8 at 5:00 p.m.. The event will feature barbecue grilling competitions, giveaways and more.

Grilling teams will be competing for, as the event website states, “enhanced exposure through samplings, event publicity, and let’s face it: ‘braggin’ rights!’”

Chowing down on barbecue ribs will be one of the main events at the Bash but event organizers have included other activities for everyone in the family. Large television screens will be displaying sport tournaments and games in a sports tent. Local chefs, pit masters and experts will cook step-by-step and give live tutorials on the Cooking Demo Stage. Children will not be left out of the mix with the “Kid’s Zone,” full of clowns, magicians, bouncers, face painters, games and more.

Other family entertainment will include live music and card game tournaments.

Ribs, chicken, pulled pork, brisket, and wings will be served on the barbecue.

Admission and parking is free. Local vendors will have tables set up with food and other merchandise.

The Central Florida Pork & Wings BBQ Bash & Competition will be open to the public but it will not be open to pets (except for registered service animals), coolers, weapons, outside food or drink, and glass or plastic containers.

Friday, June 8 at 5 p.m. will be the kick-off and the first day will go until 10:00 p.m.. The event ends the following day, Saturday, June 9 at 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.