Ralph Clemente’s “Heartbreak” Headlines Valencia Film Celebration

The+late+Ralph+Clementes+film%2C+Heartbreak.+will+be+featured+on+Saturday+night.+

Courtesy Valencia College

The late Ralph Clemente’s film, “Heartbreak.” will be featured on Saturday night.

Valencia College will commemorate more cinema magic as the 21st Annual Film Celebration kicks off on Feb. 11. All the screenings will take place at the Performing Arts Center on Valencia’s east Campus starting at 7pm. 

“The most anticipated feature film is definitely ‘Heartbreak,’” director of media relations for this year’s event Kara Brown said.

This particular screening will be emotional, as the director, Ralph Clemente, passed away last April of pancreatic cancer. He founded Valencia’s film program and he was a respected member of the film community in Florida.

The feature follows a washed up billiards pro with an alcohol problem and the relationship he forms with a promising young Korean woman. The project is also special because Parker Clemente, the late director’s son, was part of the crew.

The three-day event showcases some of the college’s best feature films and also short films made by the film programs own students. In addition, it serves as a fundraiser for current students to help with short film productions.

Former Valencia student Santiago Fuenmayor says she never misses the event.

“It’s a great inexpensive way to support the community and enjoy underground gems,” Fuenmayor said.

Other screenings on the schedule include “Ellie,” “Present” and “The Fight” in the short film section. “The Vault” and “Broads & Bombers,” both with Clemente as executive producer, complete the feature film lineup.

For the general public, tickets cost $10 for a day pass and $25 for a celebration pass (admission to all events.) For Valencia students and faculty, senior citizens and members of the military, admission is $5 for a day pass and $15 for a celebration pass.

For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit:

http://www.valenciafilmcelebration.com