Roster transactions make Thursday’s lineup

ORLANDO — The Orlando Solar Bears have made seven roster moves since Saturdays home opening win at the sold out Amway Center. Among these transactions was the activation of Ryan Blair and Kevin Baker. Baker had been named one of the Solar Bears alternate captains early in the season, but is yet to play a game for Orlando due to injury.Coach Drake Berehowsky said Baker “missed some time, so we’re going to give him some time to adjust and get used to it.”

The Solar Bears also made a few trades throughout the week, sending defenseman Simon Danis-Pepin to San Francisco in exchange for forward Keaton Turkiewicz. Turkiewicz had recorded three assist in two games for San Francisco this season. Center Alexandre Imbeault was also traded this week. Imbeault was traded to the Alaska Ace’s in exchange for future considerations.

Other roster moves for the Solar Bears included the signing of defenseman Bryce Lampman, and Mike Brodeur being assigned to Orlando by the Houston Aeros, who play in the AHL.

“Curry and him are two great goalies, and we’ve already talked about it,” said Berehowsky about John Curry and Mike Brodeur. “They’ll have a good working relationship, they both like each other and they’ll both probably end up spending some time up in the AHL.”

Berehowsky said he would have his goalies split time in order to keep them fresh throughout the season.

To make room for the new additions, the Solar Bears had to drop goalie Brooks Ostergard and forward Ian Watters.