Mall of Millenia hosts local fashion week

Vibrant models strutted down a silver runway exhibiting Florida interpretations of fall fashion at the “Fall for All Runway” show at the Mall of Millenia in Orlando on Saturday, Sept. 8.

At the show guests looked for inspiration in colors, fabrics, patterns, and styles, while others were looking to compare designers’ lines this season to last year’s fall collections.

BCBG, True Religion, Ann Taylor, La Coste and Black and White Market were just some of the major designers that displayed their fall lines.

With different takes on Florida’s fall, Black and White Market and Ann Taylor included accents of metal, the versatile black and pops of color. Ann Taylor’s line also included subtle clashes of texture and patterns to awaken the senses with innovation and risk taking.

Banana Republic put together layered basic colored garments with structured jackets and traditional tailoring.

Juicy Couture kept guests guessing with collaborating extremes from a big faux fur jacket with a bright orange flowing camisole to a gold cheetah print tunic accented with a royal blue handbag to a structured animal print cape-like jacket with a purple mini-dress peeking from underneath.

True Religion played up classic American styles with jeans, plaids, boots and college jackets — without any risk taking.

True to its bold feminine silhouettes, BCBG featured bold patterns, hints of metals, and killer heels. The line was well received due to its invigorating collision of structure and flow. Each outfit had the element of movement with a clear distinction of sharp fit.

Not everyone thought the lines were fashion forward enough, but guests were able to walk away
with a definition of what they would take and leave.

“I saw a lot of colors, gold, and light weight jackets,” said Jennifer, a guest whose favorite designer at the show turned out to be BCBG.

Tara Thomas, one of the most energetic models from the show, was able to lend some fashion advice for the fall, “take it to the edge a couple of times, mix and match things you might not normally do, but be yourself.”

Millenia Fashion Week continues until the 23rd of September with the Runway to Hope Champagne Brunch and Fashion Show to benefit young cancer patients across Central Florida, a runway show by International Academy of Design, and much more exclusive and open events.

Details can be found at http://www.mallatmillenia.com/events/fashion-week.