Predictable psychological thriller

Wouldn’t it be interesting to watch a movie that was filmed in one single take? Based on the Uruguayan film La Casa Muda, Silent House is based on true events that occurred in the 1940s.
Silent House has all the classic elements of a psychological thriller, a creepy house, an odd neighbor, and no access to electricity or phones. It’s a setup for a night full of mysterious noises, and the nagging feeling of being followed.
There was nothing new in this thriller that hasn’t been seen before, suspicious clanking upstairs, the main character, Sarah (Elisabeth Olsen), is puzzled and goes to see without any type of weapon. Though the audience expects it to not be rats, this movie goes deeper beyond the run of the mill killer out to torture you.
“I thought the movie was okay, the ending disappointed me,” Matt Gino said. “It’s just like every other scary movie to me, it doesn’t stick out.”
The soundtrack resembled music used in old movies for aliens or UFOs when they would appear. Which created an eerie feeling that gave you the sense that something wasn’t right, only to realize eventually everything wasn’t right.
“I though the movie was very good,” Jake Tillerman said. “It’s not anything I’ve seen before, especially with the ending.”
What was intriguing was the format of the camera angles, which seemed to portray only her point of view, and at times looked like clips from the Blair Witch Project. The camera did not leave more than four feet from the main character, and was held with an artistic feel.
Like all thrillers, it has potential to be a great film, and there’s a line that is crossed that causes the movie to be comical instead of distressing. The movie seemed to dance on the line, while there were times to scream, and other times to cock your head and have a chuckle.
“The main actress was really good,” said Jennifer Kid. “She definitely acted in a way that I felt like I would have reacted if I were put in that situation, it was very real.”
There also were obvious clues thrown around in the entire movie, which helped you decipher the movie and guess the ending on your own. The lighting was mostly dim, with just the help of an electric lantern that she was holding, and the scene went pitched black more than once.
Credit is due with the flawless single take method used in this movie, though it wasn’t noticeable as an audience member. Elisabeth Olsen proves her talent in this movie, although she had to carry most of the weight on her shoulders.
The plot in theory is very interesting, though it ended abruptly, baffling the audience making them to not be sure whether to leave, or wait for the rest of the movie that did not come. Though it seemed weird at times, it seemed to all make sense in the end with two plot twists that aren’t expected but tie all the loose ends together.
Unlike most thrillers, this movie was done artistically and left you with a disturbed feeling as you walked out. It also guaranteed moments when you will spill your popcorn, drink, or in my case, my notepad.