STRESS RELIEF FOR AFRICA

By Ebony Chance
[email protected]

With finals slowly approaching the stress levels of the average college student begins to increase. Valencia’s Future Educators Association is here to help. They will be hosting a four day event “Fun in the Sun” starting Monday, April. 6 to Thursday, April. 9 from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. It will be held on the patio outside of the Student Services Building.

Although this will be helping the children in Sierra Leone, it is also an opportunity for Valencia students to relax before finals.

They would like for students to “come out, have some fun, help out and make a difference” says VFES’ president Barbara Burry. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Sierra Leone School in Africa. It costs $25 for an elementary aged student to attend the school for an entire year. Come out and get a neck or/shopulder massage, join a silent auction or jump rope. You may even win a prize while in the process.

Relieve some stress while helping a good cause. Their flyer reads, “Feel like a kid again for four fun-filled days!”

Events will include: Arrest a friend or professor that will allow you to purchase a summon for a small donation and in order to bail your friend or professor out you must pay another small donation. Their educational scavenger hunt that will be sending students to many of our informational areas such as the Atlas Lab and Student Services to retrieve specified items. This is designed to help students learn success making skills.

On the last day of the event there will be a Sierra Leone School Information Session held in HSB Rm. 221 from 2:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M. This will give students more information about the students that the fundraiser will be helping.

For any information about this event contact Faculty Advisor: Dr. Rhonda Atkinson [email protected], VFEA President Barbara Burry [email protected] or Director of Service, Crystal Larson [email protected].