Orlando Group Eklectic Entertainment Sees Record-Breaking Year

Abigail Justice, Reporter

(Left to right: Elisa Curbelo, Renan Bonilla, Rodric King, Krislyn Rojas) Latin Ambition Band performing at Walt Disney World’s EPCOT’s “Eat to the Beat”. (Abigail Justice)

An entertainment company based near the Osceola Campus is starting to already see one of its busiest years.

Eklectic Entertainment was created ten years ago by Krisyln Rojas, founder and lead singer of Blonde Ambition Band. The company houses a variety of entertainment from costumed acts to bands.

With Blonde Ambition already created, Rojas quit her job as a performer for a previous talent agency after being asked to work sales instead. She then created her own talent agency to continue doing what she loves. And thus, Eklectic Entertainment was born.

“I owed it to them to take this as far as it could go,” Rojas said in reference to Blonde Ambition.

Fast forward to the year 2020 is where Eklectic seems to takeoff. With COVID-19 causing restrictions to indoor events, all entertainment companies alike had a problem with finding venues. However, live entertainment was still alive at the Villages in Florida after lockdown.

Because all their venues were outside, the Villages were still able to carry out live entertainment every night. Krisyln Rojas saw this an opportunity for Eklectic Entertainment.  The company had only a few bands perform there a handful of times before COVID, but it was enough to get them booked after lockdown.

“We were introducing to [the Villages’ residents] what most people may pay thousands of dollars to see at a private event,” Rojas said.

Before Rojas and her bands, the residents at The Villages were used to bands performing music from older decades. But Eklectic brought in fresh entertainment.

“The music, and the energy, and the youth that we brought to the table was something that was just totally different from what [the residents] had been used to,” Rojas said.

Now you can see most of Eklectic’s bands performing at the Villages multiple nights throughout the week. As well as their upcoming performances at Disney’s EPCOT from May 9  through May 11 , and their frequent visits to Boxi Park down the street from the Lake Nona campus.

Eklectic Entertainment doesn’t just stick to smaller venues. They also got to add performing at the Superbowl LIV to their resume. Latin Ambition, another band from Eklectic, had performed for the Official NFL Fan Zone Party in Miami of 2020.

Another milestone the company hit in 2020 was a feature in BizBash. Rojas and the company were named in BizBash’s “2020’s Must-Know Event Pros in the U.S.”  But now you can see the company booked almost anywhere and by anyone. And Eklectic’s performers get front row seats as to the demand the company has for bookings.

“We can go anywhere from performing a public The Villages’ show, to then maybe driving 3 hours the next morning to go to Naples and do a corporate show, to then maybe have a wedding, or hop on a plane to Las Vegas for the weekend,” Renan Bonilla, a singer for Eklectic’s Latin Ambition and Blonde Ambition bands, said of what a weekly schedule could look like.

And if the memo hasn’t been received yet, Eklectic is very much in demand. Both Rojas and Brooke Morris, a member of Eklectic Entertainment’s office staff, said the company is in the midst of their busiest year. And it’s only March. When asked about how many inquiries they see a day Morris said, “At least ten a day.”

“Last year was the start of it. Last year was a record-breaking year. That’s because everything is open again…Some companies didn’t make it, and therefore that business gets funneled to who did,” Rojas said when asked how they’ve already seen such a busy year. “If you didn’t call us before, maybe you’re calling us now.”