Osceola Campus SGA presents: “The Future of Education.”

Valencia C

Osceola Campus, Building 3

Maria Varela, Contributor

Valencia College’s Osceola campus will host the “Future of Education” town hall forum on Thursday to present a conversation about what education may look like in the years to come. Hosted by the campus’ Student Government Organization, the conversations will cover what education may look like in the near future.

The presentation will include four guest speakers: Terry Castillo, a District One School Board Member, Sharon Smoley, the Vice President for the Orlando Economic Partnership – a non-profit organization that aims to help local small businesses, Kathleen Plinske, executive Vice President and Provost at Valencia College, and Mimi Coenen, the CEO of Career Source – which helps businesses and develop employees.

“I am really excited about this event being able to have important guest speakers whose voice is already being heard in the community will help get the message out there for students,” Gabriela Alas, the President of Osceola Campus SGA, said. “Our main goal is to bring awareness of how the education system is adapting to the digital era and how it is affecting us now, and the way it will be later on.”

The forum will take place from noon to 2 p.m. in the Osceola Campus Exhibition Hall.