UCF to host the 2nd annual Climate Correction Conference

Climate Correction 2019

UCF will host the Climate conference on Thursday, October 3.

Mickenzie Hannon, Contributor

Less than two weeks after the “Friday for Future” protest in Downtown Orlando, eager climate change activists will be able to attend the 2nd Annual Climate Correction Conference on Thursday, October 3 at UCF’s Student Union.

The University of Central Florida has partnered with the VoLo Foundation, a nonprofit organization that researches and supports sustainable energy, to discuss the impending threat of global warming. The conference will dive into discussions of climate change solutions, renewable energy, rise in sea level, clean eating, sustainable living, and how to increase “positive global change.”

There are a total of 40 panelists and speakers speaking at the conference this year. The panelists attending consist of researchers, journalists, and community organizers, such as Rep. Anna V. Eskamani (F-48), Sandra Whitehouse, Ph.D., a Senior Policy Advisor for the National Council for Science and the Environment, and David Doniger, a Strategic Director at the NRDC. Interested attendees should be prepared to learn from industry experts’ data-driven research and initiate climate crisis conversations.

The conference itself will take place at the Pegasus Ballroom of the Student Union from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. – with an art expo scheduled for 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. 

Tickets for the conference are currently on sale, and prices start at $15. Buffet breakfast and lunch will also be served during the conference. Be sure to use the promo code CC2019 for $5 off. The engagement and art expo event is free to attend, and complimentary refreshments will be provided.

This story was updated to reflect the editorial standards of the Valencia Voice.