How Do You Super Bowl?

This Sunday, fans all over the country will be tuning in to watch Super Bowl LIII. The anticipated game between the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams will take place at 6:30 PM at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA and will be aired on CBS.

The showdown between the American Football Conference and the National Football Conference is one of the most watched television broadcasts of the year in the United States. In 2018, Super Bowl XLIX brought in 114.4 million viewers. With a 52-year history, it is easy to see why so many people have made game day a tradition.

Personally, I don’t watch a lot of football. The only time I remembered which teams were playing was in 2007 when the Indianapolis Colts played against the Chicago Bears. Having grown up in Northwest Indiana, this was a game everyone I knew tuned in for.

While that was my most memorable Super Bowl, I have seen several. Like many other people I know, I watch for the commercials. Companies really put a lot of effort into their Super Bowl ads. After all, they want to stand out when their product or service is shown to an audience of millions.

The 2019 halftime show will also feature Maroon 5 and Travis Scott, so it should be enjoyable to watch.

Because there are so many elements that people can enjoy during the game, the Valencia Voice staff decided to share how they would be enjoying the television event of the year.

Christian: Well, my mother is a die-hard Patriots fan so Super Bowls have been pretty eventful my entire life. I always spend them with my family, and we spend the entire day cooking, eating, and enduring another Patriots title.

Jess: Back home in Texas my family has a huge Tex-Mex barbecue, lots of food and family and yelling. Not as much yelling as the World Cup, but a lot of it. So I try to recreate that atmosphere here in Orlando with a group of friends. Not as much yelling, but still lots of food.

Katie: I couldn’t care less about American Football because I think it’s a confusing and misleading sport. However, when it comes to the Super Bowl, I like to tune in during Half Time and watch the performance and compare it to Bruno Mars’ amazing 2014 Super Bowl halftime performance.

Bryony: I just relax and eat good food with good company.

Lakota: I usually go to someone’s house, like a friend or family member, and we have a Super Bowl party! It’s pretty awesome, everyone brings food and drinks and we watch football.B