Valencia environment club, IDEAS, hosting movie night

Intellectual Decisions on Environmental Awareness Solutions for Valencia (IDEAS for Valencia) will be hosting a movie night with free food, and giveaways this Thursday, April 7.

IDEAS for Valencia is a club created just last semester, with a purpose to educate, engage, and empower people of all ages with sustainable solutions through research, action, and awareness.

The documentary, “Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch,” from Angela Sun, will be the movie night feature. The movie is about the trash vortex in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Waste from all over the globe is somehow ending up at that specific location. The vortex has been destroying and killing entire fauna and flora species.

By polluting the oceans with plastic and other chemical components, people have been hurting themselves as well. The movie emphasizes that citizens from all over the world must work collectively to find solutions to reverse and minimize the effects of massive pollution in the world.

Different IDEAS’ chapters from all over the world are connected to make the change we need happen. With over 20,000 members worldwide and counting, IDEAS is one of Orlando’s most celebrated Non-Profit Organizations. The club’s mission is to find viable solutions on energy, water, food, waste, and ecology spheres. Through discussion and research, it is possible to find solutions, and apply them into local communities, college campuses, and eventually entire cities.

After watching the documentary, the club officers will be hosting a discussion session. Students, faculty, and staff will have the opportunity to clarify any questions, add comments, and understand why this is an extremely serious issue affecting all.

A fun game with giveaways will also be held at the end. A movie night with free food, an important issue documentary, and a fun discussion with giveaways is an excellent combination to get more involved and spread awareness. Invite your friends, family, and professors. This is an open event for all.

When: Thursday, April 7, 2016 from 5:00 p.m to 7:00 p.m

Where: Valencia College West Campus – 1800 South Kirkman Road. Building 1 room 154. Orlando, FL 32811.

Follow IDEAS on social media:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ideasforvalencia

Instagram: ideasforvalencia

Twitter: @ideasvalencia

Contact information: [email protected]