Free HIV testing on all Valencia campuses

Valencia students can now take care of their well-being from the comfort of their own campus by getting tested for HIV/AIDS.

Sponsored by the Wellness Ambassadors, students can get tested during every Monday of Spring 2014 semester. They will be offering free HIV/AIDS testing between the hours of 10 a.m. to 2p.m. The testing days are Feb. 3 and 17, March 10 and 24 and April 7 and 14.

The testing will be conducted by Ray Rivera, a well-trained BRTA (Businesses Response to Aids Coordinator) for the Miracle of love, Inc. The testing will be held on the Valencia West Campus, in the back of building four, Room 118. It takes a total of about fifteen minutes to get confirmed results.

The wellness ambassadors offer numerous additional services like peer-to-peer advising, condoms, pads, deodorant, lubrication and STD testing.

“Don’t be nervous or fearful to get tested, it’s not something to be ashamed of, just make sure you know what’s going on with your body,” said Kendra Castleberry, Wellness Ambassador work study student.

If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Rivera at 407-843-1760 at extension 28 or ask to speak to someone in prevention.

The office location of the Wellness Ambassadors is building, Room 147. The office number is 407-582-5567. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-6PM, and Friday 9AM-5PM.

Are you on another campus and would like to find out where you can get tested? You may visit the school’s event calender to find dates for Osceola Campus and East Campus.

For information on the wellness event contact Zia Ansari at [email protected].