Celtics blow out Magic 120-88

Courtesy of Orlando Magic

ORLANDO – Jeff Green, Courtney Lee and Jordan Crawford lead the way for the Boston Celtics against the Orlando Magic as the Celtics blew out the Magic 120-88 on Saturday night, April 13 in dominating fashion as they defeated the Magic at both ends of the floor.

“It was good, especially guys like Jordan Crawford and Courtney Lee. They’ve been struggling. Jordan hasn’t, but Courtney has. So, I just thought it was important for him to get a good rhythm offensively so it was nice,” said Celtics head coach Doc Rivers.

Celtics looked dominating and seemed like they had something to prove. At the beginning of the game they went on a 9-0 run to open up the game and force Orlando to call a early time out. On that run to start the game, Jeff Green had five points, Kevin Garnett had two points and Avery Bradley also had two points during the run.

Coach Rivers said, “ It was good to see Jeff Green be aggressive with that group. So, it was a lot of good things, defensively it was terrific.”

It seemed early in the game that when Boston went on a run Orlando didn’t have an answer, but anytime Orlando started what looked like a run Boston shut it down and answered it with a basket of their own to widen up the gap.

Coach Rivers said, “ I think it’s important for anybody. It was just important for Courtney Lee. Guys start to question their shot. The great ones never do. The good ones do, and that’s the difference. And it was good to see Courtney make some shots.”

Celtics had another big run in the second quarter that blew the game wide open. They went on a 15-0 run that put them ahead by 16 points over the Magic and it seemed Orlando couldn’t find a response to the more veteran team.

Head Coach Jacque Vaughn said, “Well that’s what we have to try to get the guys away from and that’s why I’m always trying to preach consistency and that’s the best place for every player, really.”

The starters for the Celtics all finished with double figures as Jeff Green finished with 20 points, Brandon Bass scored 14 points, KG finished with 14 points as well, Paul Pierce had 12 points and Avery Bradley had 14 points. Crawford and Lee both had great performances off the bench as Lee finished with 20 points and Crawford had 16 points.

At the half the Magic were down by 20 points and the score was 57-37. It didn’t get better for the Magic as the game went into after the third quarter the game was already decided as Orlando was down by 21 as the score was 85-64. At the end of the game the Magic were down by 32 and the score was 120-88.

Tobias Harris said, “ It’s very disappointing. To play a great team like the Celtics, just didn’t live up to the opportunity. I mean it’s just a tough game for us. We have to take their first punch and keep playing and we just couldn’t get a stop out there really, couldn’t get a rhythm.”

With this win, the Celtics also clinched the seventh spot in the playoffs and will play the New York Knicks in the first round of the playoffs.

Paul Pierce said, “I think you put the veterans out there. Me and Kevin really bring the rest of the team at a certain ease because you’ve got your leaders out there. Everybody understands their role once you’ve got me and Kevin out there.”

The Orlando Magic play their last home of the season against the Chicago Bull at the Amway Center on Monday, April 15.