This poll has ended.

Will You Be On Vacation Or Working For Spring Break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Wait, is The Joker Going To Be Good?

The first big peek of Joker yesterday made me and many others question our previous assumptions that the film would be a shallow cash grab. It looks like the film about Batman’s most notorious nemesis might actually be good.

The teaser had everything that you would hope for in a film about mad clown; showing how “Arthur,” an innocent man who seems to be society’s punching bag, descends from his sanity and becomes riddled with madness.

It also has some unique camera work featured all throughout the trailer, and hopefully, Joker will be comprised of what the trailer promises. The featured song, “Smile” by Jimmy Durante, adds despair to the already creepy film.

Known for his intense method acting, it was always known that Phoenix would embrace the insanity of the titular character. Many, including me, just thought that even him wouldn’t save Joker, but when Phoenix managed to pull off the wicked and trademark laugh of the Joker, it left me in awe. His performance might just pull off a Best Actor nomination for next year’s Academy Awards. However, the burning question is, will he be able to compete against Heath Ledger’s Joker? Some believe so, but I still need a little bit more to form my own opinion.

Not only am I in love with the trailer, but many fans have taken to social media to voice their joy for the film as well. Some are calling it one of the greatest previews for a film of all time, and many seem to be in an agreement about how incredible the film, and Phoenix as the Joker, already looks.

Joker is no longer the laughing stock of what DC films have to offer; instead, just under 24 hours, it has become the most anticipated psychological thrillers of 2019.

Joker will be released in theaters across the U.S. on October 4th, 2019.