Most Anticipated Games of 2019

Every new year comes along with a new collection of games. 2019 has many games lined up that people can’t wait for, and here are a few of mine.

Kingdom Hearts III

“Anticipate” doesn’t do justice to how much I’ve looked forward to this one. Kingdom Hearts 2 was released in 2005, so it’s safe to say fans have been waiting for ages for the third game. There have been other Kingdom Hearts games, but those are spin-offs, rather than a continuation of the actual series. Square Enix, the Japanese developer of the game, announced the third installment in 2015. Between then and now, it was hard to tell when it was going to be released. After all this time fans are sure to be anxious to get their hands on it.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

The Crash Bandicoot series went under the radar for a couple years before developers Vicarious Visions, Toys for Bob, and Iron Galaxy remade the first three games into the  Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Released in 2017, the collection received positive feedback from old and new fans alike. At the 2018 Game Awards, it was revealed that Crash Team Racing game will be remade as well – and fans should be just as excited.

The Walking Dead: The Final Season Episode 3

Although developer Telltale Games shut down as of this past November, the next episode of The Walking Dead will still be released. Most TV shows that transition into video games don’t turn out very good – however, The Walking Dead games have always exceeded expectations with interesting stories and characters. There’s uncertainty as to if this will be the final game in the series, but nevertheless, it’s definitely on my list this year.

Jump Force

Anime and gaming often go hand and hand. Having a whole game based on some of the most popular anime characters fighting each other is a great way to bring in a lot of fans. Although we’ve had fighting games based on shows like Dragon Ball Z and Narutohaving all these series’ together into one game is mind-blowing. I can’t be the only anime fan excited to play as my favorite characters.

Team Sonic Racing

The fastest Hedgehog alive is back with another racing game. The Sonic the Hedgehog series has gone through a lot of ups and downs over the years. Team Sonic Racing was announced back in the summer and was supposed to be released in winter 2018 – but has been delayed to May of this year. Hopefully, with some more time and effort the game with run smoothly, impress fans and be a fun, worthwhile pick-up.