Deputies Search for Man Accused of Attempted Sexual Assault at Valencia East Campus

Sketch of the suspect, released by the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.

Sam Schaffer, Editor in Chief

The search is on for the man who tried to sexually batter a female student in Building 8 of Valencia’s East Campus on Tuesday night.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a 6’2”, 200lb white or hispanic male with short black hair, brown eyes and a mole on his face. He is wanted for questioning in reference to the attempted sexual battery.

According to OCSO, the woman was able to fight off her attacker, and was not seriously injured.

Paul Rooney, Assistant Vice President of Operations at Valencia College, issued an email to all Valencia staff giving more details of the incident. It stated a man entered the women’s restroom just after 8:00p.m. on Tuesday night. He then attempted to sexually batter a female student. The suspect ran away when the woman put up a fight and employees in the area quickly called security and tried to chase the suspect. Valencia Security and OCSO responded to calls and began the search immediately.

A Valencia Facebook post mentioned that in response to this incident, Valencia Security will be increasing patrols and OCSO’s presence on East Campus. They are also reminding people of Security’s “escort program,” which encourages students and faculty to call security for an escort to or from class when they do not feel safe.

Authorities are urging anyone with information about the incident to contact Crimeline at 1-800-423-477. There is a $1,000 reward for any details leading to an arrest.